SOAP - Simple Object Access Protocol
- Consider a scenario where Application A needs to communicate with Application B
- Application A needs to get status of credit card from Application B
- In this case, web service will be created on application B
- Irrespective of underlying technology, Application A will be able to send SOAP requests containing (Credit card no.) to Application B web service.
- Application B web service will process request and generate SOAP response which will be sent to Application A
Refer below diagram :
SOAP - Youtube Video