Recently I came across interesting stuff related to Citrix XenApp
Although its very simple to perform but important to know what a normal user can do in Restricted Environment.
How can you test what is possible in restricted Citrix Environment?
Scenario : You have just given access to outlook application by default.
Isn't it interesting if User who has access to Citrix environment is able to ex-filtrate data on the machine to outside world ?
Test Cases (Simple and Old techniques) :
- Open "Save As"
- Attempt to create Text file
- Edit text files and add "cmd.exe" and save as "file.bat"
- Right click and execute "file.bat"
- It should execute command prompt in Citrix environment.
- You can also attempt to open Help and search for "How to open command prompt" , it should show you - Click here to open command prompt
- You can further attempt to perform
- Privilege escalation
- Attempt to ex-filtrate data via Browser by opening "iexplore.exe"