Adding new disk to existing VMWare becomes very helpful especially if we run out of space....
This VM comes in handy... :)
- Virtual Machine Settings > Hardware > Add > Hard Disk
- Create New Virtual Disk > Virtual Disk SCSI > Disk Size > Store Virtual Disk as a Single File
- Disk File > (You can Name as per convenience...In My case D:\NewDrive.vmdk )
- Start Virtual Machine
- # fdisk -l
- Message Disk "/dev/sdb" Does not contain a valid partition table --> This is our new Disk
- Partition our brand new disk....
- # fdisk -c /dev/sdb
- n --> Add New Disk
- p --> Make Primary Partition
- We need to select partition number, Ex. 1 , 2 , 3, 4 etc.
- Keep first and last cylinder as it is ....by pressing Enter
- p --> To view updated partition table
- w --> Write partition table
- Create folder where you want to mount your new drive Ex. /NewDisk
- # Mount /dev/sdb1 /NewDisk
- Make Permanent Entry in /etc/fstab
- Backup your fstab file : cp /etc/fstab /etc/fstab.bkp
- Edit /etc/fstab and add entry : /dev/sdb1 /NewDisk ext3 defaults 1
This was short introduction to adding and creating new partition in existing Virtual Machine.
For Details Information Visit : Here
Hope this will be helpful.
Reminds me my Old RHCE Memories....!!! ;)
Thankk you for thisReplyDelete